#1 jonath67

jonath67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    fx 92 ;classpad 300

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

hello mccyrille the author of final fantasy has been dissabemble her classpad you can view picture here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sorry for my english i'm french

#2 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS, FX-9860G, TI 92+, TI89 Titanium, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS, TI 84+ SE, HP 50G, HP 35S, Elektronika MK-90, Elektronika MK-52, Elektronika MK-61, Elektronika B3-21, Elektronika MK-152, Elektronika MK-161, Sharp EL-9900

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:59 AM

Wow! Look! A piezo speaker! Why can't we program with sounds yet?

#3 Roeoender

Roeoender

UCF ASM/C Programming Only Winner

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Technical University student (informatics)
    Interests:
    Sport climbing
    Orieenting (100km walk in 23h31min)
    C/Asm on calculators

Dislike cars

• Calculators:
    CASIO AFX 2.0 ROM 1.01, 10 countable fingers

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:46 PM

Just a suggestion for taking photos:
More informative would be taking photos right from above and from closer distance (probably multi-part photo) as that would allow us to determine the kind of electronic parts (from the markings on them) like processor, memory RAM, Flash LCD controller type and so on.

So it would be something like this, but from above and much closer distance:
Posted Image

This maybe not as important for the Classpad but would be defenietly interesting for AFX/GRAPH100 calcs (I would especially like to know the LCD controller type).

Yes classpad has a buzzer and AFAIR schip8 add-in uses it.

I don't have classpad, I have AFX2.0 and I used a buzzer from a birthday poster card (?) that used it to play melody, connected it to a serial port of AFX and was able to play sounds by outputtuing characters to serial port.

Roeoender.

#4 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS, FX-9860G, TI 92+, TI89 Titanium, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS, TI 84+ SE, HP 50G, HP 35S, Elektronika MK-90, Elektronika MK-52, Elektronika MK-61, Elektronika B3-21, Elektronika MK-152, Elektronika MK-161, Sharp EL-9900

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:36 PM

I'd really like to get an AFX someday.

#5 mccyrille

mccyrille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPAD_300

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

i have take photo more precise in the end ... And i have on http://mccyrille.fre...ntage_ClassPAD/ take photo in 3.2 M?gapixel...
it isn't ok ?

#6 betoe

betoe

UCF Spanish Translator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, SW development, automotive. Swim->bike->run

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0 (R.I.P.), Classpad 300

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

Excellent guys, i was afraid of dissasemble my classpad, but now if i need (as it was with my AFX) to do it, i will do it with total trust in me (based on this photos :P).

We can use the piezo speaker in the latest schip 8 games DrCoyote, but casio will not support the sound in the classpad. That work with the schip 8 games was maded by saltire.

#7 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:48 PM

remember, your violating your warenty if you open your classpad...

#8 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:50 PM

We can use the piezo speaker in the latest schip 8 games DrCoyote, but casio will not support the sound in the classpad. That work with the schip 8 games was maded by saltire.

Yes, I hacked into it for the chip8 games, but sadly, it isn't supported. I demoted it in the CHIP8 add-in so you need to create a special variable to activate this option simply because it isn't supported and might not exist in all ClassPads. It is even possible that some ClassPads out there right now might not have a speaker.

Teachers don't like noisy calculators, which is why you never see them :(

#9 betoe

betoe

UCF Spanish Translator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:02 PM

remember, your violating your warenty if you open your classpad...

Sorry for being offtopic but:
Which kind of warranty do the classpad have? Thanks to god my classpad is ok (i had it since october/2003) and had never failed. A fail in my classpad will be the same CP death, here there isn't a technical casio support, so if my CP fail, i will be the technician who will try to make it work correctly or will throw it directly to the thrash can :S.

#10 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:50 PM

good point :D
but for everyone else: be carefull, you wouldnt want to destroy your CP before you even got to see the SDK would you? ;)

#11 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:28 PM

Let me word this carefully...

I wish Casio would support sound on the ClassPad. Even simple beeps can be useful to me.

Thank you for the pictures of the disassembled ClassPad. It satisfies my curiosity without putting my own ClassPad at risk. I am as happy to see this as I was to find pictures of a disassembled i-Cybie on the web. My wife was happy too, as she thinks STP (Stephan Thomas Potlatch, my i-Cybie) is too cute to disassemble.

#12 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:52 PM

Let me word this carefully...

What! Are you taking a shot at the ClassPad!! :profanity: I'm only kidding. Don't spend too much time worrying if your comments might offend someone. If they do, then that someone shouldn't be reading the forum. ;)

A agree about the sound. My HP48/HP49 has sound, a clock, and alarms. HP designed their calculators with the user (i.e. the professional) in mind, not the teachers. Then again, HP is on the brink of dropping their calculator line.

Casio is in the busness of selling calculators. Alas, if a teacher doesn't like a calculator they will not adopt it in the classroom, and the calculator will not sell, and then the manufacture will stop producing it. Look at HP for example. :(

I assume the only reason a beeper ended up in the ClassPad is because (as many of you know) it shares much of its design with the PV organizer.

I think we'll eventually see a calculator with a real time clock, and sound. As technology pushes forward the boundary between a calculator and computer will blur, and soon people will be playing their MP3 music on their color screen ClassPad. :lol:

BTW, did you notice that the two add-ins I wrote have either sound, or a clock ;)

#13 Daniel (CZE)

Daniel (CZE)

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Support for Pocket Viewer and ClassPad for Czech Republic.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, TI-92 Plus, FX-6300G, CFX-9850GB Plus

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

I don't know why CASIO doesn't support beeper. CASIO stopped developing PV organizers. I think it can be quite useful to write reminders to ClassPad (BTW I have source code of all PV built-in application - in fact source code of whole OS without hardware drivers). We could import some of these application (if anyone could do that) as schedule, to-do app, expense app and after all, there is PC Sync program for synchronization with PV.

Or do you think nobody will want this applications?

(I'm sorry about possibly mistakes in my text. I willl continue in my improvement in English from October ;) )

And what about memory chip? Do you now size of CP memory? (Maybe it is on the pictures but I'm not enginner :rolleyes: )

Edited by Daniel (CZE), 16 July 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#14 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:00 PM

You could, in theory, port the PV applications to the ClassPad, but it wouldn't be worth it. There is enough of a hardware difference (like the screen size) that you'd have problems.

Although the ClassPad and PV are very similar, they are not exactly the same. All the functions in the PV are not in the ClassPad. I think enough has been changed from the PV to the ClassPad that you'd give yourself a headache trying to port it. :banghead: As a simple example, there is a timer in the ClassPad that could be used as a "clock", but in the ClassPad it stop everything when it goes in deep sleep mode to save battery life. It simply isn't possible to have a "real" clock on the ClassPad.

I think it would be much easier (and much nicer looking) to write a native ClassPad application.

#15 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:48 PM

Are your sure there is no real clock? Look at the AFX, it does have one that continue to run even when the calc is off, we just had to find it (it was in hardware ports).

#16 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:01 PM

Yep, I'm sure.

Try out the clock in my BitEdit add-in. It will still keep time when the ClassPad is off, but wait until it enters power save mode. Make sure the Power Properties in the System Application are turned on. Then wait for your ClassPad to enter Power Save mode, and you'll see what I mean. :(

I guess you could have an more accurate clock if you never enter power save mode :D

#17 PJay

PJay

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-991ES Plus

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:51 AM

GOOD PICTURES ! B)
But I can't see main parts of CP300 in this pictures (RAM, CPU, FLASH ROM, ... ) :hammer: :(

#18 mccyrille

mccyrille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPAD_300

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:51 AM

i think it is under the screen... I wouldn't desassembling it bug you can :D
it's not vry difficult...

#19 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:47 AM

not letting the calc go into sleep mode doesnt bother me a bit, I deactivated it shortly after the first bug i found (CP goes to sleep and the keys stop working, so far as I know nobody has replicated this though...). I think most people here use there calcs to often for it to go to sleep. ;)

#20 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:59 PM

... you need to create a special variable to activate this option ...

what variable is that?

#21 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:48 PM

check the chip8 topic, he posted it there.

#22 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:59 PM

i remembered him posting that somewhere, but i couldn't remeber where.

#23 betoe

betoe

UCF Spanish Translator

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:40 AM

Since sound is not supported, you have to follow some round-about steps to activate it in the CHip8 Add-in. If a special variable exists, then the sound option will be listed in the Chip8 add-in.

1) First, run the add-in. This will create the Chip8Sys folder
2) Next, run the Main application
3) Now store anything into the variable ChipBzz in the Chip8Sys folder
3.1) Open the Variable Manager
3.2) Change the current directory to Chip8Sys
3.3) Close the variable manager and go back to the Main application
3.4) Create the variable by entering 1=>ChipBzz

Yep it was in the chip 8 topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users