#1 casiokaki

casiokaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB+, FX 2.0+, CP-300

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

Hey new guy posting here but I have been reading the forum for a while. I have heard news that Casio is releasing a new calc this year??Finally. More flash, USB and SDK also..wow :o . I am impress Casio is this improved. First the Classpad now this, if it is true. :roflol:
Comment anyone?

casiokaki

EDIT:

2005-06-26: Confirmed info here: http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=2237

Edited by 2072, 26 June 2005 - 03:02 AM.

#2 Guest_Guest_casiokaki_*_*

Guest_Guest_casiokaki_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

me here again. I have made confirmation with my 'sources' it seem Casio has already got the prototype made. Idea is to be like a CFX less frills version of ClassPad...un huh?

go casio go :D

#3 octobclrnts

octobclrnts

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />Programming languages<br />Artificial Intelligence<br />Music (clarinet)

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850GB Plus
    Ti-89 Titanium

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:20 PM

can you post the link where you found this info? plz. :D

#4 Guest_Guest_casiokaki_*_*

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

can you post the link where you found this info? plz. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not from any link but from insider information. Even regional distributor not suppose to know yet. I will try to dig up more from the source about the spec

casiokaki

#5 dscoshpe

dscoshpe

Casio Freak

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0 (v1.00), 9850Ga+, 9800, BE-300 other..

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:44 PM

I suppose anything is possible...

If it is indeed true and IS a CFX rather than continuation of the AFX line then we already have assemblers available and other things like that thanks to Martin Poupe.

If it is essentially a keyboarded classpad, meaning that it would use the same cpu etc, maybe minus the touch screen, then that would be pretty cool (classpad uses SH?)

- dscoshpe -

#6 Guest_Guest_casiokaki_*_*

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:52 PM

I suppose anything is possible...

If it is indeed true and IS a CFX rather than continuation of the AFX line then we already have assemblers available and other things like that thanks to Martin Poupe.

If it is essentially a keyboarded classpad, meaning that it would use the same cpu etc, maybe minus the touch screen, then that would be pretty cool (classpad uses SH?)

- dscoshpe -

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No really from what I gathered it is a continuation of CFX GC..sort of breakthru for the Casio to compete with TI, HP I think in the education market . What i know now is that some features in CP 300 will be in the New calc..how I am not sure.

My opinion is this will essentially a CFX without CAS I think if they are talking about education since many schools do not allow CAS in the GC.

But hey flash mem in the CFX..?you got to give it to them (casio) :P

#7 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:07 PM

that would be rather nice... i'll look into it through my connections. this might explain why the (A)FX series suddenly dissapeared... (dang it. now i'll have ANOTHER calc to carry around... ;) )

#8 casiokaki

casiokaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:17 PM

Now I have more to report here..apparently this model will carry the best of the Casio current tech, features you can find in the fx-991Es are available in the calc. Also some function like the spreasheet is put in to the calc.

like the CP300 it will have a manager released too later with the SDK..not sure different package or they are in one :(

mem comparable with TI84+, USB port and flash and huh...SD slot?? I do not get it. Prototype due in March

that is alll i can get from the 'mole' but I am already saving my money.. :rolleyes:

#9 casiokaki

casiokaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:21 PM

that would be rather nice... i'll look into it through my connections. this might explain why the (A)FX series suddenly dissapeared... (dang it. now i'll have ANOTHER calc to carry around... ;) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea please find out for us how trustworthy is my source... :)

#10 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:23 PM

nice, i hope its true, ive contacted Casio about it, but they may not be able to tell me, worse, they might tell me, but instruct me not to say anything about it ;)

ah well, if they flat out deny it i'll proabably be able to report that ;)

#11 casiokaki

casiokaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:25 PM

nice, i hope its true, ive contacted Casio about it, but they may not be able to tell me, worse, they might tell me, but instruct me not to say anything about it ;)

ah well, if they flat out deny it i'll proabably be able to report that ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha

#12 TacoFred

TacoFred

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE STARCRAFT BROODWAR<br />MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Calculators:
    cfx 9850gb+, fx 115MS, ClassPad 300, TI-89 Titanium

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:10 AM

do you know how much this said prototype will be?

#13 Marco

Marco

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850G (broken),
    Casio CFX 9850GB,
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:36 PM

Woa :o, this would be really cool if it was true B)

Though it's based upon CFX series, will it have another (better) CPU then?

#14 casiokaki

casiokaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

No specific technical spec from my infomants...haha but the following is my deduction:

it is my observation that Casio always take TI as a bench marking competitor..anything you can give, we give more and cheaper.

On memory
TI84+ has 24kb ram and 480kb flash therefore Casio new calc should be more maybe 64Kb RAM and 1mb flash :)

On data transfer
data Port should be on par with TI-84+ so we have 3-pin and USB :)

On Display
Should be better than 84+ ..LCD dot matrix 64x128 like 9850 :)

Memory
Expandable? Since in the email I got it was mentioned SD card...hey what the use of SD card if not for extra memory? :lol:

CPU
I guess they will improve it..since spend so much on R and D why not? Japnese style of doing thing. :)

Function features
Shoud be similar to 9850 but with added function the good ones from CP...Spreadsheet , geometry..since TI -84+ has Cabri jr and speadsheet like add on.

New FA123??
Possible although I do not see the software gets great improvement.. <_<

SDK??
Due to the recent release of CP 300 SDK, I would say yes. :D

New Cal emulator?
Again due to CP manager, I would say yes but how good would it be??? <_<

Price?
Casio Style? should be cheaper than TI-84+ :)

#15 Marco

Marco

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850G (broken),
    Casio CFX 9850GB,
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:45 PM

Sure the mail you got wasn't a hoax casiokaki? (hoping it was not one however :D) I'm wondering a bit why need a SD slot for a calc that has flash yet. It wouldn't make much sense having 64KB RAM only and >=1MB flash intern already, but additionally 16MB on SD cards or more (if you have such a big flash capacity at all it would make no sense limitting programs by this little RAM).

On the other hand, Casio urgently needs a new calc in order to compete with TI and HP, so a new Casio calc should come any time, and expandable memory was a great idea...

#16 casiokaki

casiokaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:51 AM

Oh yes the emails are real enuff, this is someone I used to know way back and this person is at the Tokyo Shiboka ku office but is not with the fx team who design the fx series and cfx series...so that's why I hope Crimson can confirm whether I am just being fooled around with?? As far as I know the Shibuka offic is the marketing office not the R and D right?? anyone I think the R and D is in a place called Homura or something.

Unless otherwise I am a hoax... <_< marco :lol:

#17 AlephMobius

AlephMobius

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0+, TI-89, EL-9300C

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

I'm wondering a bit why need a SD slot for a calc that has flash yet.

That is a good point. The newest HP calculator has 800k of FLASH and an SD card slot. It does seem excessive but it is kind of cool. Are you sure it will be part of the CFX line? I wonder if they do try to make it better than the AFX and compete with other brands if they will keep the three color screen.

#18 Guest_Guest_casiokaki_*_*

• Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:02 PM

That is a good point. The newest HP calculator has 800k of FLASH and an SD card slot. It does seem excessive but it is kind of cool. Are you sure it will be part of the CFX line? I wonder if they do try to make it better than the AFX and compete with other brands if they will keep the three color screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the main reason too I wonder the accuracy of the information I have gotten.

casiokaki

Andy.Davies: Please login to post. Thanks

#19 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:18 PM

...still no response from casio...

i dont know if thats good or bad (or if MSN is being screwy again... ;) )

#20 Brazzucko

Brazzucko

UCF BASIC Programming Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0, CFX 9850 GB Plus and FX 9750G

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:07 PM

For what I know they probably will use the same AFX hardware, just see what they do whit the AFX and FX series, they are exactly the same, but whit some easy cracked ?software differences?.

SD card reader, for what, for we have the MS DOS 5.01, or probably the WIN 3.11 in the calculator?

Honestly I don?t see any special reason to have a SD card reader in one CFX model, in the Classpad is another history.

The CFX is a model design for School usage, to have a SD card reader, this means that probably this calc will have some nom authorized software and hardware, for me this don?t make any sense, and why a SD card reader, if 1Mb it?s already a LOOT of memory for a calc.

This is just my opinion :P

#21 TacoFred

TacoFred

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE STARCRAFT BROODWAR<br />MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Calculators:
    cfx 9850gb+, fx 115MS, ClassPad 300, TI-89 Titanium

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

whatever happened to this? :blink:
has anyone gotten any more info (real/fake/it's-confidential-info-and-i-can't-tell-you-about-it,etc) on this?
i've been saving up money for algebra 2.0, but since i saw this, i've been waiting to see if this would be a better option....................

#22 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:42 AM

my response from casio was "We havent heard anything about this, but then we deal mostly with the Classpad so its conceivable that we might not have been told, but i'll ask around."

i was going to wait a few days then inform everyone if anything new happend, but i forgot :)

...so...

i guess its not happening, or at least its so far in the planning stage that it hasnt been anounced company-wide.

#23 octobclrnts

octobclrnts

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />Programming languages<br />Artificial Intelligence<br />Music (clarinet)

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850GB Plus
    Ti-89 Titanium

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

I love how we can get information before some of the members of the company. It makes me laugh. :lol2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users