#1 MonkeyofDoom

MonkeyofDoom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G PLUS

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

I'm really enjoying programming on my fx-9750g plus, but I'm having trouble with graphics. The trouble is that things take ages to draw, giving me about 2 fps and drawing things in order. I'm currently using the text function to draw on scree, and calling it three times for each "step" my galaga-type game runs. I've also tried using pixel changing drawing, but that's even worse. Do I just have a slow calculator, or am I doing something wrong? I've also tried changing simultaneous graphing to on, but that doesn't change how my program runs.

Thanks in advance!

#2 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:08 AM

Noway...

#3 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:19 AM

I'm really enjoying programming on my fx-9750g plus, but I'm having trouble with graphics. The trouble is that things take ages to draw, giving me about 2 fps and drawing things in order. I'm currently using the text function to draw on scree, and calling it three times for each "step" my galaga-type game runs. I've also tried using pixel changing drawing, but that's even worse. Do I just have a slow calculator, or am I doing something wrong? I've also tried changing simultaneous graphing to on, but that doesn't change how my program runs.

Thanks in advance!

Well, there may be several solutions in going about this problem.

1st solution: You can overclock your fx-9750g. You need to have some skill with soldering and hardware though.

2nd solution: Hack the fx-9750g and directly program it in assembly. This may be too hard for you though.

3rd solution: Get a new calc with fast speeds. I suggest an fx-9860g.

#4 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:37 AM

Well, there may be several solutions in going about this problem.

1st solution: You can overclock your fx-9750g. You need to have some skill with soldering and hardware though.

2nd solution: Hack the fx-9750g and directly program it in assembly. This may be too hard for you though.

3rd solution: Get a new calc with fast speeds. I suggest an fx-9860g.

1st: dont do that... :huh:

2nd: a little easy, but not easy... :lol2:

3rd: recommended if you are not worry about your money. :nod:

#5 MonkeyofDoom

MonkeyofDoom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G PLUS

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

Well, thanks for helping me with this, though it is a bit discouraging.

I assume you need a link cable to program in assembly for the calc? How much do they cost and how would I go about doing the programming? I can probably learn the language, but the process of putting the source or compiled programs might not be so intuitive.

I might be getting a new calculator if I ask for one for christmas, but it's unlikely. :(

#6 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:24 AM

Sorry MonkeyofDoom if I was a bit discouraging, but I'm just telling the truth. :D

Anyways, the techniques used in hacking a CFX can be applied to your calc. A site describing this here: http://prg.rkk.cz/~mpoupe/

Another option is overclocking. By this method, what you would do is find a crystal with a higher frequency to replace the one in your calc. It's probably much simpler that having the hack your fx-9750g plus, which requires you to reprogram the ROM chip in the calculator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users