• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:46 AM

I have started a new hardware wiki for the fx-9860. Check it out: See here

CASIO fx-9860 Hardware is a wiki dedicated to sharing programming knowledge and hardware data for the CASIO fx-9860 graphing calculator. Please help us to build this resource by submitting your code, snippets, documentation, etc.

This is where the revolution is going to start. :D Hopefully, this wiki will get more people interested in programming the fx-9860. I already started putting what I know into the wiki, like the LCD driver notes (with the contrast and Bdisp_PutDisp_DD equivalents) and the assembly tutorial. I'll put more and more each day (It's hard for me to type really fast, I only have one hand available, so please be patient).

So, what do you think about the wiki? Does it look nice? I'll try getting a new domain if I can. The wiki is free and open to everyone. Use it! Add more stuff! Have fun! Tell your friends about it. Put a link back to the wiki. Spread the word! The only way we can increase this resource is if more people get involved, so tell everyone you know about the wiki. :D

Hopefully, some nasty stuff doesn't get through into the wiki. I've installed some security plugins.

Note, that the wiki is protected by the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. Basically you can do whatever you want with the stuff that we posted on the wiki. But, you can't sell and you must cite the wiki as a source of where you got your information. Also, if you decide to use the code and your calculator explodes and burns down your home, that authors are not responsible!

If I can figure out how to add more SysOps, I'll ask for volunteers who would like to run and maintain the wiki.

If you want something added to the What's Here section on the Main Page, you can request it here.

#2 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:22 AM

Thats perfect. Thank you very much :)

One thing: While registering the page showed me "could not send confirmation mail" "restriction in effect".

Just to let you know.

#3 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

Thats perfect. Thank you very much :)

Thanks, I still have lots of info that I need to dump from my head into the wiki. Have you taken a look at the Display Driver page?

One thing: While registering the page showed me "could not send confirmation mail" "restriction in effect".

Just to let you know.

Thanks for telling me that. I'll look into that.

#4 casiokingdom

casiokingdom

UCF BASIC Programming 2nd Place

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS WE, fx-9860G AU

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

Sounds like a good idea kucalc.

You'll need to pay US$5 to activate sendmail. Log in to your member panel on the 110mb site.

#5 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:05 PM

You'll need to pay US$5 to activate sendmail. Log in to your member panel on the 110mb site.

Lol, I'm not going to pay $5...

Anyways, I added more to the wiki: an assembly equivalent of the KEYBIOS.

#6 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

I think you should write st like: this file has been decompiled from fx9860G_library.lib...

#7 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

What a great idea :D

Hey what's needed to pay that? I have a debit card, and a paypal account with enough money

#8 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

What a great idea :D

Lol, the idea was actually yours kind of. :D

Hey what's needed to pay that? I have a debit card, and a paypal account with enough money

So, you want to pay the $5? But, I guess it doesn't matter, people can still create accounts and edit the wiki.

Update: Added more to the Display Driver page (a function that erases the screen). I also added this: Complete List of Programming Topics. You can edit the page, add a link and start a new page. You can add anything there: programming techniques, info about calculator games, projects, etc. I hope this can gain more activity on the wiki, so far only me and huhn_m have started creating articles.

#9 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

I joined in.. a wiki is great ;D

#10 casiokingdom

casiokingdom

UCF BASIC Programming 2nd Place

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS WE, fx-9860G AU

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

Really? Email may come in handy. I paid the $5 for my site.

#11 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators

• Calculators:

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

first I would not know where we need email for a wiki.

Second, before you pay 5$ for EMAIL I would offer you to host the wiki on my server ...

#12 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

You can access the wiki through here if you like: http://fxwiki.techlab.info

B)-->
QUOTE(Andreas B @ Jun 2 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I joined in.. a wiki is great ;D[/quote]

It's nice to see that you've added and cleaned up some stuff on the wiki. Thanks. :D

[quote name='CFX Master' post='40904' date='Jun 3 2007, 02:56 AM']Maybe we should make a new article named "How to access the test and diagnostic mode". :)[/quote]

Nice to see that you added a link to the hardware wiki onto your sigs at both the DCF and the UCF. Thanks. :D If you like, you may start the article.

[quote name='huhn_m' post='40906' date='Jun 3 2007, 03:49 AM']Second, before you pay 5$ for EMAIL I would offer you to host the wiki on my server ...[/quote]

I'm ok with the hosting I'm using right now. Thanks for the offer anyway. By the way, do you have PHP 5, because MediaWiki requires it.

#13 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators

• Calculators:

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

I do have a vserver, so I have everything you want, and if not I'll install it :P

#14 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hey, I just read this in the wiki:

And, well, this isn't the only possible key combination. See my post.
Maybe we should make a new article named "How to access the test and diagnostic mode". :)

Ok I remove the text and put a link to your site :D

#15 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

Thanks CFX_Master.

Anyways, I found the datasheet for the fx-9860G display driver: http://fxwiki.techla.../Display_Driver

#16 Crazio

Crazio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G, fx-9860G SD

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hey how about adding an SDK section? I think it is the topic most Casio programmers would need.

#17 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:59 AM

Hey how about adding an SDK section? I think it is the topic most Casio programmers would need.

If you like, you may register and join the wiki and start a page about how to use the SDK, etc. I'll then add a link of the page to the Main Page for you then.

Oh yeah, if anyone is interested, I enabled the file upload so you can upload images and use them in the wiki.

#18 Crazio

Crazio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G, fx-9860G SD

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Well I?m not so good to program SDK. I can start a page and put a link to the Casio?s site. I cuould add a page for Basic programming, wich is better for more simple programs. I?m still a bit unfamiliar with these wiki systems, so can some body tell me how to add a page? I already figured out how to edit stuff.

#19 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

Search for the page, if it does not exist your will get a link where you can create the page. You can also just edit the URL to point to the article name you want, and then create the page.

Please do not capitalize every first letter in words and such unless necessary, and keep the titles descriptive and clean.
Examples:
"Using the Casio SDK" should be a guide to the SDK's interface and basic usage, but not on how to program in C/C++/assembly.
"C programming" should cover how to code for the fx-9860G, a tutorial on the C language is not needed (lots of guides out there).
"BASIC programming" should cover how to write BASIC programs.

Articles usually start with an introduction paragraph, then the main sections with their subsections. You start headings like "==Main tittle==" and "==Subtitle==", and the wiki system makes a table of contents when needed. Try it out with the preview button before saving ;)

#20 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

No the wiki is still there (http://kucomp.110mb.com), but the techlab.info domain has expired. * sigh * and I liked that domain....

To makes things even worse, my host provider (110mb.com) has decided to deny MySQL service unless I either pay a small fee or post 50 times in their forums by July 31st. Seeing that I only have 11 days to post 50 multi-liners (no single sentence posts) and I'm just a kid so I don't have PayPal or a credit card, the wiki will be shut down. Unless I can find another host that supports PHP 5 which is kind of rare, since everyone wants to stick with PHP4...

But then I have other problems, my hard drive got corrupted and I lost all of my work. Gahhhhh! :profanity: However, with all of my work wiped off, I've found that I have more time and I'm free now, which is why I'm posting here in the forums right now if anyone is wondering. ^_^

#21 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:17 PM

To makes things even worse, my host provider (110mb.com) has decided to deny MySQL service unless I either pay a small fee or post 50 times in their forums by July 31st. Seeing that I only have 11 days to post 50 multi-liners (no single sentence posts) and I'm just a kid so I don't have PayPal or a credit card, the wiki will be shut down. Unless I can find another host that supports PHP 5 which is kind of rare, since everyone wants to stick with PHP4...

How much is the fee?

#22 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

sf.net provides MySQL and PHP on their webhost for free. Could be worth checking out, as the wiki is related to the sf.net project.

#23 Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

B)-->
QUOTE(Andreas B @ Jul 20 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sf.net provides MySQL and PHP on their webhost for free. Could be worth checking out, as the wiki is related to the sf.net project.[/quote]

Right and there's even a beta wiki now :D

#24 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

I think the fee is $5 and I think SourceForge has PHP4. If the format for the databases between MediaWiki versions 1.6(PHP4) and 1.10(PHP5) are compatible then I'll try. But if I'm going to pay, I'd rather pay for some quality hosting. Oh well, I can just find another host. There are lots of places that host wikis.

#25 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Ok, the wiki has now moved. It's new location: http://revolution-fx...eforge.net/wiki

Please update your bookmarks.

Please note, the wiki has been downgraded from 1.10 to 1.6. That's many revisions, so there may be some problems and changes. I tried to keep them as minimal as possible.

#26 METERON

METERON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860 sd

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

I have started a new hardware wiki for the fx-9860. Check it out: See here

This is where the revolution is going to start. :D Hopefully, this wiki will get more people interested in programming the fx-9860. I already started putting what I know into the wiki, like the LCD driver notes (with the contrast and Bdisp_PutDisp_DD equivalents) and the assembly tutorial. I'll put more and more each day (It's hard for me to type really fast, I only have one hand available, so please be patient).

So, what do you think about the wiki? Does it look nice? I'll try getting a new domain if I can. The wiki is free and open to everyone. Use it! Add more stuff! Have fun! Tell your friends about it. Put a link back to the wiki. Spread the word! The only way we can increase this resource is if more people get involved, so tell everyone you know about the wiki. :D

Hopefully, some nasty stuff doesn't get through into the wiki. I've installed some security plugins.

Note, that the wiki is protected by the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. Basically you can do whatever you want with the stuff that we posted on the wiki. But, you can't sell and you must cite the wiki as a source of where you got your information. Also, if you decide to use the code and your calculator explodes and burns down your home, that authors are not responsible!

If I can figure out how to add more SysOps, I'll ask for volunteers who would like to run and maintain the wiki.

If you want something added to the What's Here section on the Main Page, you can request it here.

Hi Kucalc
new user of the FX-9860 great machine and having recently installed the SDK + Revolution i think?
I am looking for some help to get it up & running :banghead:
Any advise or support you can offer would be very welcome
Installed Fa-124
Mostly everything works but I am low on the learning curve and would like some help with my first project
looking forward to any advise that will get me going :rolleyes:
Thanks for the hardware WIKI I will follow with great interest..

Cheers
Ron

meteron

#27 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

Hey METERON and welcome to the UCF. :D

Thanks for your interest in the fx-9860G hardware wiki. I appreciate it.

You can find some help and tutorials on using the SDK here: http://casiokingdom.org/. I'm part of the staff there. It's a good site and you'll meet other people there starting out using the SDK.

You might also want to pick up some books on ANSI C programming. Here's a good one: http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/0131103628

Or you can check out some other sites about C programming: http://www.cprogramming.com/

#28 METERON

METERON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860 sd

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

Many thanks
I found your tutorial On Loading .g1a files to the calculator just today (casiokingdom) it worked out fine
loaded my first addin to the fx-9860g sd and it did little perfectly,
All i need to do now is write my next prog to do more and hopefully it will do that perfectly also. :roflol:

I am having trouble establishing the fa-124 to fx9860 link each time, It appears I have to plug in the USB cable at each attempt, if I cut the link I cannot re-establish the link with out interupting the USB cable and reconnecting it.
I wonder is this normal as Working on trial and error is going to ruin the USB connectors or calculator
your thought would be welcome.. :banghead:
Many thanks for your contributions on a no# of forums and of course this one. I will check out your links above.

Meteron

#29 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

I am having trouble establishing the fa-124 to fx9860 link each time, It appears I have to plug in the USB cable at each attempt, if I cut the link I cannot re-establish the link with out interupting the USB cable and reconnecting it.
I wonder is this normal as Working on trial and error is going to ruin the USB connectors or calculator
your thought would be welcome.. :banghead:

Yes, I think that's normal. After transmitting, the connection is cut. You can go to the MAIN MENU, go to LINK and press F2 to await a connection.

#30 METERON

METERON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860 sd

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hi
kucalc
thanks again for your help, i wonder can you advise how to check if the Revolution udgrade is working on the SDK, I have completed the installation but do not notice any indications that the upgrade is incorporated. :blink:

Regards

meteron

#31 noname11

noname11

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

From what I could restore from Google cache can now be found here: http://prizmwiki.omn...60G/GII_SubWiki

#32 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

I was wondering why the link didnt work. :lol:

#33 Jsec42

Jsec42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-9860gii-2