8 replies to this topic

#1 tonyp

tonyp

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Calculators:
    TI89, TI89 Titanium, TI-nspire CAS, Casio ClassPad300, Casio fx-6300g, Casio GFX9850GB, Casio 82ES, more

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:03 PM

Today, all of a sudden, this message kept showing up everytime I entered the Geometry application and tried to either load a saved file, or get back to the menu by tapping the menu icon:

A fatal error exception occurred
TLB ERROR
TARGET 00000014
PC: D028F13A

Always, the same message, so this might help its programmers figure out what's wrong here. It was followed by a reset sequence (just like pressing the reset button on the back of the unit). I did do a hardware reset too, but that didn't help either. All other applications seemed to work well. I had about ten small geometry files saved at the time this started happening, most with defined animations. The geometry application itself did work but only until you tried to do file loading or exit to the menu.

Looks like something was really messed up in the flash file system, and the unit couldn't be returned to its original condition simply by pressing reset on the back of the unit.

I then tried clearing all the files and that seems to have cured it.

tonyp AT acm.org

#2 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:12 PM

qwerty reported this bug a bit earlyer and I have subbmited it to Casio, I'll let everyone know once they figgure it out.

#3 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:40 PM

Update: Casio has requested more infromation on this bug, if anyone can contribute more about this, including what you were doing before you first saw this, if you have BASIC programs, your OS version, how much remaining memory you have, and anything else you feel could help. Thanks.

My bug report:

call the polyline function (stdlib) with the value Undefined in its list parameter, example: polyline({0,0,1,Undefined})

#4 tonyp

tonyp

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Calculators:
    TI89, TI89 Titanium, TI-nspire CAS, Casio ClassPad300, Casio fx-6300g, Casio GFX9850GB, Casio 82ES, more

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:05 PM

>Update: Casio has requested more infromation on this bug, if anyone can contribute more about this,
>including what you were doing before you first saw this, if you have BASIC programs, your OS version,
>how much remaining memory you have, and anything else you feel could help. Thanks.

If you're referring to my bug report, here's what happened:

I was playing with geometry animations for the last few days, doing different simple problems. Last thing I did before the last time I turned it off was to save the partial work for one such problem to a new file. Next time I turned it on (several hours later) I went straight into geometry and tried to load this file to continue work on it. CRASH!

From then on, any time I was in Geometry, either a Load or Menu crashed it with this message.

Not much else was on the machine, except a few eActivities (about five) and a trivial BASIC program. In other words, the memory was practically free. The battery indication was flirting between two and three dots (i.e., once it showed two it occassionally went back up to three and then back down to two several times before sticking at two).

One thing I did notice, however, during the last few times I used Geometry (especially creating lists of values after 'Go Once' in animation, or 'Go To and From') is that it started reacting progressively more slowly (for example, attempting to stop a continuous animation wouldn't respond but only after several attempts).

By the way, it'd be nice if they added more time during the Fatal message display before starting a reset sequence because I had to force a crash several times before I can write down the exact numbers. It only stays for a couple of seconds, too fast to make a note of the information shown. How about making it at least ten seconds or stuck until the reset button is pressed?

tonyp AT acm.org

#5 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:13 PM

By the way, it'd be nice if they added more time during the Fatal message display before starting a reset sequence because I had to force a crash several times before I can write down the exact numbers. It only stays for a couple of seconds, too fast to make a note of the information shown. How about making it at least ten seconds or stuck until the reset button is pressed?

thats a very good idea, I'll suggest that to them.

thanks for the info, im sure it will help.

#6 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:59 AM

Hi.
After your ClassPad restart, go to System app, delete Geometry memory in Main memory tab, your ClassPad will work normally.
I have posted my experience in "Locate Troubles", you can go there for more detail.
Well, about the Error table occur, Mr Brian (from Saltire) told me that it is because of one of 2 reason:
- There are no Error table for this Error.
- This may be a bug.

Lets hope, because he also said that some of them have been fixed by Casio, and they will release it in the next OS update. :)

#7 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:14 AM

casio tells me that the problem is fixed in the next OS update (probably why I've had no problems), they do want to know if you were using any animations though.

#8 qwerty841

qwerty841

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300,TI 83 PSE,TI Voyage 200,Windows Calculator

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:31 PM

i was using animations in my geometry sketch. whenever i told it to trace a point, it crashed.

#9 mkanter

mkanter

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX9850G, ClassPad 300

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:53 AM

Today, all of a sudden, this message kept showing up everytime I entered the Geometry application and tried to either load a saved file, or get back to the menu by tapping the menu icon:

A fatal error exception occurred
TLB ERROR
TARGET 00000014
PC: D028F13A

Always, the same message, so this might help its programmers figure out what's wrong here.  It was followed by a reset sequence (just like pressing the reset button on the back of the unit).  I did do a hardware reset too, but that didn't help either.  All other applications seemed to work well.  I had about ten small geometry files saved at the time this started happening, most with defined animations. The geometry application itself did work but only until you tried to do file loading or exit to the menu.

Looks like something was really messed up in the flash file system, and the unit couldn't be returned to its original condition simply by pressing reset on the back of the unit.

I then tried clearing all the files and that seems to have cured it.

tonyp AT acm.org

do you have to ajust the touch panel after switching the calc on?
when yes then:
try to plug in the usb cable, then the comm menu should open,
use the os update (with closed classpad manager)
click ok (start the update)
you may plug the usb cable out (might have to)
after some time the classpad reboots
- i've testet the rom!!! from the test menu and got the same problem (flushed it?!!!)
the steps above helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users